What's at Brockhole?
- A range of tailored learning sessions supporting the curriculum plus self-led educational trails
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Adventure playground, great for letting off steam at lunch time or after a long journey
- Team building and watersports sessions, orienteering and high rope course challenges.
- Our New Habitats and Wildlife of the Lake District Exhibition.
Learning sessions for primary schools
Cost is an issue for all schools, and we can arrange a great value educational visit that meets your particular learning objectives.
Many schools combine one of our tutored learning sessions with a self-led educational activity trail, time on the outdoor adventure playpark and a visit to our shop, gallery or exhibition. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Exhibition: Habitats and Wildlife of the Lake District
New to us this year we have a wonderful exhibition of Lake District habitats and wildlife. A unique look at some of our local flora and fauna, from Red Squirrels and Ospreys to beautiful butterflies and other insects. There is a range of educational worksheets to go alongside this exhibition with links to the Science Curriculum. Please contact us for information and pricing.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Coach parking is free. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our café. Parking charges apply to cars and minibuses. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 015394 46601.