Our Learning Team can't wait to welcome schools and groups for sessions and visits this academic year!
Please see our 'Plan your visit' page for help with how to start planning your trip.
What's at Brockhole?
- A range of tailored learning sessions supporting the curriculum plus self-led educational trails
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Adventure playground, great for letting off steam at lunch time or after a long journey
- Team building and orienteering.
- Opportunities for boat trips, outdoor activities such as Archery, Laser Clay, Krazy Karts and much more!
- The Story, Habitats and Wildlife of the Lake District Exhibition.
Learning sessions for primary schools
- Mountains and exploration
- Visual Art workshops
- Outdoor activity and challenge
- Science workshops
- Brock's Winter Wander - *new for this winter*
Cost is an issue for all schools, and we can arrange a great value educational visit that meets your particular learning objectives.
Many schools combine one of our tutored learning sessions with a self-led educational activity trail, time on the outdoor adventure playpark and a visit to our shop, gallery or exhibition. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Exhibition: The Story, Habitats and Wildlife of the Lake District
Our wonderful exhibition looks into Lake District habitats and wildlife and the creation of the Lake District from its earliest geological formation. It takes a unique look at beautifully preserved local flora and fauna, from Red Squirrels and Ospreys to butterflies and other insects. There is a range of educational worksheets to go alongside this exhibition with links to the Science Curriculum. Please contact us for information and pricing.
Book your place
Please contact the Learning Team at BrockholeLearning@lakedistrict.gov.uk or call on 015394 40275.