Secondary schools: Key Stage 3
What’s at Brockhole?
- Tutored learning sessions
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Opportunities for team building and water sports sessions, high rope course challenges and much more!
- Orienteering courses and trails in the grounds.
An introduction to the National Park
This talk covers:
- The special qualities of the National Park and reasons for its popularity with visitors
- Land ownership and management
- Tourism facts and figures
- Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
Tailored to your curriculum requirements and supported by student hand-outs and teacher’s information pack.
Session Price: £4.40 per student, minimum charge £50.
The Geography Jigsaw
Brockhole is a microcosm of the National Park. This structured exploration of the grounds, attractions and visitor information provision gives students an insight into the impacts and management of tourism. Session length: 1.5 hours.
Session Price: £80
Information gathering and question and answer session
Spend time at Brockhole, or in the local area, gathering information for your projects and then have a 30 minute question and answer session with the Learning Coordinator.
Price: Question and answer session £45.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Coach parking is free. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our café. Parking charges apply to cars and minibuses. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 015394 46601.