Mountains and exploration
This is an action packed day-visit, combining learning and fun!
There are 3 sessions:
- Brave the Cave….Discover more about cave explorers and dwellers past and present in our new indoor caving experience.
- Master the Mountain….. and summit safely! What does it take to explore a mountain environment safely? What skills and equipment do you need?
- Nail the Trail…put your exploring skills to the test and try your hand at the Brockhole Explorers Trail round our extensive grounds and gardens.
Session length: 10:00 – 14:00
Price: £12 per child (a minimum charge applies)
*We are sorry but current Covid restrictions prevent us from offering this package at the moment. We hope to be able to take bookings from the 21 June 2021. Please speak to the Learning Team to discuss your requirements
This session involves using the inspiring Lake District surroundings to engage your inner explorer:
- Gather your team and work together to cross the badger infested, Brockhole bog.
- Create your own maps of the local area using only natural materials.
- Build and test your own shelters in our wonderous woodland environment.
Session length: 2 hours
Price: £5.50 per child
Become a geography detective and discover why so many visitors come to the Lake District and Brockhole. Find out how we manage them, deal with the issues and look after the area.
Session length: 1.5 hours
Session Price: £80
Watersports and bike hire
During the summer, you can hire sit-on kayaks, Canadian canoes and rowing boast at Brockhole, as well as bikes. Please contact us for further details.
Book your place
Please contact the Learning Team at BrockholeLearning@lakedistrict.gov.uk or call on 015394 46601.