Mountains and exploration
This is an action packed day-visit, combining learning and fun!
There are 3 sessions:
- Brave the Cave….Discover more about cave explorers and dwellers past and present in our new indoor caving experience.
- Master the Mountain….. and summit safely! What does it take to explore a mountain environment safely? What skills and equipment do you need?
- Nail the Trail…put your exploring skills to the test and try your hand at the Brockhole Explorers Trail round our extensive grounds and gardens.
Session length: 10:00 – 14:00
Price: Special Winter Offer £10 per child plus VAT (a minimum charge applies)
This session involves using the inspiring Lake District surroundings to engage your inner explorer:
- Gather your team and work together to cross the badger infested, Brockhole bog.
- Create your own maps of the local area using only natural materials.
- Build and test your own shelters in our wonderous woodland environment.
Session length: 2 hours
Price: £5 per child
Become a geography detective and discover why so many visitors come to the Lake District and Brockhole. Find out how we manage them, deal with the issues and look after the area.
Session length: 1.5 hours
Session Price: £70
Watersports and bike hire
During the summer, you can hire sit-on kayaks, Canadian canoes and rowing boast at Brockhole, as well as bikes. Please contact us for further details.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Coach parking is free. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our café. Parking charges apply to cars and minibuses. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 015394 46601.