The Great North Swim
Date: 8-10 June 2018
Start: Brockhole on Windermere
From Thursday 7 June to Monday 11 June, Brockhole is delighted to be hosting the Great North Swim.
This does mean that our usual activities will be limited (no access to the Lake or watersports) and there will be no parking Fri – Sun for anyone who has not pre-booked as a participant through the Great North Swim – Visit the Great North Swim website to find out details of how to arrive by boat or bus.
Lots of exciting special event activities will be running during the event and all catering will be operating as normal, plus lots of extras starting from 7.00am on Sat and Sun. The Gaddum restaurant will be open in the evenings until 8.30pm and the bar until 10pm.
Come early and stay late...
The Great North Swim, Europe's biggest open-water swimming event returns to the Lake District in June 2018 at its new home at Brockhole on Windermere. Swimmers of all levels and abilities can choose from a range of distances including 250 metres, ½ mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5k, 10k or the fantastic SwimRun event.
After ten successful years at Low Wood Bay we’re very excited to accommodate the Great North Swim in 2018.
Over the last decade the event has grown from just 3,000 swimmers to almost 10,000 and the new location at Brockhole on Windermere will allow the Great Swim experience to improve for participants and spectators alike. As well as an improved swim village full of retailers, partners and sponsors you can look forward to:
- Family activities on site including archery, laser clay shooting, Brave the Cave, Circus skills, Go Wild Crafts and of course our FREE adventure playground and Cubby Hole soft play area.
- Lunch, Afternoon Tea and evening dining at our amazing new restaurant The Gaddum
- Tasty treats from local food producers
- Craft Beer Tent for post swim celebrations from our very own Handsome Brewery who supply The Gaddum Restaurant.
- Acoustic music and entertainment into the evening
- Plus lots more...