Enjoy a Lake District Kayaking adventure on Windermere
We have suspended all our boat hire and activities. We are cancelling and will automatically refund all bookings for boat hire up until 1 May. We will keep this refund date under review.
We are delighted to introduce an exciting new adventure experience at Brockhole! In partnership with Cumbrian Kayaking, we are offering you the chance to explore the Lake in the best way possible - from on the water.
"A brilliant day kayaking with Mike. We are a family of 4 with varying abilities on the water and Mike provided a challenge for all of us. If you are on holiday in the area this activity is a MUST. 10/10"
- £42 for a half-day session - including packed lunch and all equipment provided
- Morning Tour: 9.30am (please arrive 15 minutes before the session)
- Afternoon Tour: 2.30pm (please arrive 15 minutes before the session)
- Places are limited (8 per session) so please book early
- Kayak Tours are bookable at Brockhole during all the main school holidays. Private bookings can be made direct with Cumbrian Kayaking at Brockhole and other locations on other dates. The National Park Authority benefits from these bookings, which helps us look after the National Park
The Lakes are absolutely beautiful at this time of year, in particular, the northern shore of Windermere. The views of Wansfell, Loughrigg, Claife heights and Scandale horseshoe are always amazing, but you have not seen them in their full glory until you have seen them from the water in a kayak. No crowds of tourists, no sound of motors, just you, your paddle and that view! If any experience at Brockhole can lift the spirits and get the heart pumping at the same time – this is the one!
Our tours last a full half-day (about 2.5hrs of paddling)
You’ll be paddling with Mike Tracey, the owner of Cumbrian Kayaking and a very experienced and qualified paddler in Lake, Estuary and Sea. As an ex British Antarctic Survey Guide, with over 40 years’ experience and great knowledge of the mountains and lakes, Mike can give you an insight into paddling and the Lakes like few others can.
This is one of those life-enhancing experiences that will not disappoint. Places are limited (8 per session) so please book early.
You will be provided with a 15ft touring-sea kayak, buoyancy aid, paddle, spray deck, safety helmet and cagoule. You can bring your own wetsuit or hire one from Brockhole (just £5) or wear casual sports clothing you don’t mind getting wet – trainers or deck pumps recommended - please bring a change of warm clothing for afterwards.
- Suitable for 12yrs and upwards
- No previous experience required but a reasonable level of fitness and mobility required, perfect for first-time kayakers!
- Pre-booking is required
- Book online or phone 015394 46601
- No cancellation possible within 48hours of the activity starting
- We will only cancel in the event of extreme weather conditions (please note - raining is not an extreme weather condition)
- For safety reason, the advertised route may be subject to change should adverse weather or any other unforeseen circumstances deem an alteration necessary. Customers will be advised on the day should this be required.
Adventure Activities Approved