Secondary schools: Key Stage 3
What’s at Brockhole?
- A range of learning sessions
- Exhibition, film and quiz about the Lake District National Park
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Adventure playground
- Opportunities for boat trips, water sports sessions, high rope course challenges and much more!
- Orienteering courses and trails in the grounds.
An introduction to the National Park
This talk covers:
- The special qualities of the National Park and reasons for its popularity with visitors
- Land ownership and management
- Tourism facts and figures
- Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
Tailored to your curriculum requirements and supported by student hand-outs and teacher’s information pack.
Session Price: £4.20 per student, minimum charge £50.
Information gathering and question and answer session
Spend time at Brockhole, or in the local area, gathering information for your projects and then have a 30 minute question and answer session with the Learning Coordinator.
Price: free entry to the exhibition, question and answer session £40.
The geography jigsaw
Brockhole is a microcosm of the National Park. This structured exploration of the grounds, attractions and visitor information provision gives students an insight into the impacts and management of tourism. Session length: 1.5 hours.
Session Price: £55
Overview of the National Park
Visit our free exhibition about the National Park, learn about its history, farming, changes over time, tourism and present day issues. Supported by a short quiz (Lower KS3).
Mix and match
You can mix and match any of the above sessions with an adventure and challenge activity to make a full day visit. Please contact us for details.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Parking charges apply to cars, minibuses and coaches. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy. Coach parking is £8. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our cafe.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at email@example.com or call her on 015394 46601.