On the shores of Windermere, Brockhole is the perfect place to get a taste of the Lake District and combine learning and fun.
What’s at Brockhole?
- A range of learning sessions for all age groups
- Exhibition, film and quiz about the Lake District National Park
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Adventure playground, great for letting off steam at lunchtime or after a long journey
- Opportunities for boat trips, water sports sessions, high rope course challenges and much more!
- Orienteering courses and trails in the grounds.
**Brockhole Spring Offer 2018 - find out more**
Schools and Colleges
To inspire your pupils, we’ve got some great workshops and sessions for primary schools.
"Thank you to Mrs Suddaby at Brockhole for a session learning about Beatrix Potter and the Lake District. Fabulous!" Year 1, Vicarage Park School. May, 2016
The National Park is a fascinating place to learn about geography and the impacts and management of tourism. Find out what we’ve got to offer for secondary schools: Key Stage 3 and secondary schools and colleges: Key Stage 4+.
Whatever the age of the young people you work with, your youth club will have a fantastic time here – check out our youth groups page.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Parking charges apply to cars, minibuses and coaches. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy. Coach parking is £8. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our cafe.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 015394 46601.