What's at Brockhole?
- A range of learning sessions supporting the curriculum
- Exhibition and film about the Lake District National Park
- Stunning gardens and grounds providing the ideal outdoor learning environment
- Adventure playground, great for letting off steam at lunch time or after a long journey
- Opportunities for boat trips, watersports sessions, orienteering and high rope course challenges.
Learning sessions for primary schools
Discover more about the National Park by visiting the exhibition and exploring our grounds using trails, scavenger hunts and the bird hide. Add in the adventure playground and shop and you will have a full day of great value learning activities.
For Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 children there is also the play and learn room with indoor climbing wall, soft play and creativity space.
Book your place
At Brockhole, we pride ourselves on combining fun and learning and making it accessible to all. To do this, we open our grounds and house free of charge. To continue to improve this unique learning provision, and to maintain the adventure playpark, we ask for a contribution of £1 for each visiting child.
Parking charges apply to cars, minibuses and coaches. All income goes towards supporting the work of the Lake District National Park and helps to maintain our stunning landscape for all to enjoy. Coach parking is £8. While they wait, your coach driver may enjoy a free hot drink from our cafe.
Please contact Ruth Suddaby, our Learning Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 015394 46601.