Ambleside - into the Jaws of Great Langdale
Date: 1 October 2017
This is one amazing ride which explores the deep valley of Langdale and its mountainscape. We follow cycle trails and quiet roads along meadows and river banks via Elterwater to Stickle Barn for refreshment. Suitable for active families and active adults alike. Local bike hire available from Ghyllside Cycles, Ambleside Tel 015394 33592. The ride is hosted by British Cycling in partnership with Lake District National Park and a Ranger will explain more about the National Park's bid to gain World Heritage status.
Start: Ambleside park entrance outside Ambleside School, Vicarage Road, Ambleside. LA22 9DH at 11.00am
Length: 16 miles
Duration: 3 hours
What to bring
- A mountain or hybrid bike in safe, working order.
- Warm and waterproof items of clothing, gloves and flat shoes (trainers or cycling shoe
- Something to eat and drink
- Small ruck sack or panniers to carry your equipment
- Helmets are required for under 16’s and are recommended for adults