Free Locals Parking at Brockhole
Date: 26 Apr - 16 Jul 2021
One thing that has stood out to us from the impacts of the pandemic is the value of a chat, and secondly how nice it is to get away from your doorstep.
With the country opening up again, and lockdowns easing, we'd like to support local people to enjoy the National Park. To do this we are going to be offering free parking at Brockhole on Windermere from 26th April 2021 to 16th July 2021 on weekdays (date exclusions apply).
Relax on the shores of Windermere
So whether you fancy meeting a friend for a cuppa, having a stroll along our lakeshore with family, or if you just fancy relaxing in a different garden, we're here for you. Find out more about our house and gardens.
Had enough of video calls?
If like us you've become fluent on everything from Zoom to Teams, but miss seeing a person in real life, why not schedule your meeting on Brockhole terrace and enjoy a freshly brewed coffee overlooking Windermere and the fells beyond. There really is no need for a fake background when you're at Brockhole! Find out more about our cafe.
Initially, our local parking pass will be valid for the following postcodes:
How to get a pass
When you arrive please come up to the Brockhole shop to collect your parking pass. Please bring proof of address with you to collect your pass.
The fine print
- Passes are available for the entire day but are only valid for one car.
- Passes are only valid for Brockhole car park and so can not be used in other Lake District National Park car parks.
- If parking has already been paid for, we will not be able to refund you.
- Parking passes are not valid on weekends.
- Parking passes are not valid from Friday 11th to Monday 14th June due to the Great North Swim.
- Parking passes are not valid from 31st May to 4th June.