Spring into action this Easter at Brockhole
A taste of the Lake District…
Brockhole is the perfect place to enjoy a taste of everything the Lake District National Park has to offer, chocolate eggs optional on this occasion!
Check out our top 10 ways to spring into action this Easter and don’t forget, for some of our activities you can now book online to guarantee your places – once they’re gone, they’re gone, so be quick:
- Take aim with archery – back and better than ever, Dan and his team will be down at the lakeshore range teaching you how to shoot arrows like a true Amazon - #brockholeforever!
When? Sat 8th – Sun 23rd April, 45 minute sessions available from 10.15am to 3.45pm
Book? Yes, you can book quickly and easily online to reserve the time you want!
- Egg-stra special events – There’s a great selection of Easter events on offer this year, why not make a day of it and add an event before or after one of our many other activities at Brockhole or perhaps stop for a spot of lunch:
- Tuesday 11 April - Minibeast Magic with Silverband
sessions running all day from 11am – book places online
- Thursday 13 April - The Magic of Storytelling
sessions running all day from 11am – book places online.
- Thursday 20 April - Den Building, Bushcraft and Survival Skills,
sessions running from 11am – book places online
- Friday 14 - Monday 17 April - Egg'stra Special Easter
Face painting, egg decorating and more from 11.00am-3.00pm
- Wednesday 12 and 19 April - Wordsworth Wednesdays
free sessions at various times during the day - just turn up!
- Friday 21 April - Mini Monster Fun
sessions starting from 10.30am – book places online.
- Herdy Hunt – Sat 1st – Sun 23rd April - Can ewe believe that a whole Herdy flock have escaped from the Brockhole shop? They are all over the gardens and grounds and we need your help finding them this Easter! Pick up your trail for £3 at the Info desk.
- Feel the wind in your hair – watersports down by the lakeshore - New for 2017 we’ll have motorboats available to hire alongside kayaks, canoes, rowing boats and paddleboards. Book your chosen craft online and pick the perfect time slot to suit you!
- Easter pony rides – throughout the holidays - Our lovely ponies from Bigland Hall Equestrian will be joining us again this year to offer rides around our beautiful grounds, down by the lakeshore. All equipment is provided – just turn up. (weather dependent please call for details)
- Treetop Adventures – throughout the holidays - Swing, climb and balance your way through the amazing Treetop Trek course and end with a 250m zip wire down to the lakeshore! For little monkeys, head over to Treetop Nets and bounce away high up in the trees on 150m of trampoline. Pre booking is recommended for all.
- Pedal power with Brockhole bike hire – throughout the holidays - We have bikes available for all the family this holiday, simply pop down to the lake shore and make your selection. Why not try hopping on the Windermere Lake Cruises bike boat and cycling over by Wray Castle before returning to Brockhole?
- Tasty treats in the White house café and lakeshore café - All that adventure is definitely going to make you hungry! Don’t worry we have lots of treats on offer in the main café and also hot and cold snacks down in the Lakeshore Café.
- Spring gifts and pocket money presents from the shop - We have a brand new range of products arriving this spring, choose from beautiful scarves and jewellery, uniquely Lake District products from local suppliers or pocket money favourites, pens pencils and more for the kids.
- Arrive by boat with Windermere Lake Cruises - If you really want a true Lake District experience arrive by boat from Windermere Lake Cruises, catch the red or green route from Bowness and you’ll arrive at the Brockhole jetty in no time. Book your tickets online or just pop along on the day.