10 ways to enjoy the perfect Lake District summer at Brockhole
We would have to say hopes are high for some nice sunny weather in the Lake District this summer, the good news is that Brockhole has so much to offer both inside and outside that we'll still be having lots of fun, whether we're in flip flops or fleeces!
If you haven't been to Brockhole before, you will be amazed by the fantastic amount of space we have, our beautiful gardens leading right onto the Windermere lake shore offer a whole range of options from watersports, adventure play and mini golf to archery, indoor caving, and laser clay shooting, there's even the chance to swing through the trees at the award winning Tree Top Trek...
This year it is also a very special summer for the Lake District National Park - we're celebrating one year of being a UNESCO World Heritage site. To mark this occasion we have put together 10 ways to have a World Class #LakeDistrictSummer here at Brockhole:
- Go Green – Avoid traffic jams and full car parks and travel to and from Brockhole by boat with Windermere Lake Cruises – from Bowness or Ambleside. Plan your visit here.
- Visit old to learn something new – Visit Brockhole House and the Thomas Mawson gardens to see how the Arts and Craft movement influenced their design
- Reach new heights – Have a go on Tree Top Trek or Tree Top Nets for a red squirrels point of view of Brockhole
- Spread the word! - Share your #LakeDistrictSummer photos on social media and you could be in for a summer treat
- Get out on the water – Hire a motor boat, canoe or kayak from Lakeshore, or have a fantastic guided kayak tour of Windermere
- Give something back – Become a volunteer and help look after Brockhole for years to come
- Spend a Lake District Pound - Have fun with the new Lake District currency! They are beautifully unique, help support local businesses and keep the Lake District special.
- Surprise yourself – Have a go at laser clay shooting or archery, or create something beautiful with our Go Wild team to remind you of a perfect day out!
- Get outdoors! – Hire a bike and take the bike boat to Wray castle and cycle along the shoreline
- Enjoy a taste of the Lakes – Eat in The Gaddum, Brockhole's beautiful new restaurant by the Lake. Fantastic food with incredible views.
Don't forget that everything you spend here at Brockhole goes directly back into supporting the work of the Lake District National Park, another great reason to put us at the top of your list for a fantastic summer day out!
Join in the chatter - all things Brockhole
Keep up to date on all the latest news, offers, photos and more and share your summer adventures using the hashtag #LakeDistrictSummer
- Brockhole blog
- Follow us on twitter
- Like us on facebook
- Brockhole on Instagram
- Don't forget to sign up for our email newsletter at the bottom of this page.
We are looking forwards to seeing you in the Lakes this summer!