Brockhole mini golf design competition
At Brockhole, the Lake District Visitor Centre, we have a 12 hole mini golf course. It's great fun and families love it, but we've had it a while and it's time for a new one! Rather than design it ourselves, we thought it would be much more fun to give our Cumbrian primary school children the chance. So, we are running a schools' competition.
- Each hole needs to show / represent something special about the fantastic Lake District National Park. Perhaps it's the amazing mountains and lakes for example, or the watersports, mountain biking and walking? But there are also dry stone walls and Herdwick sheep; stone cottages; fabulous local food and drink; famous Lake District writers, poets and artists; and the wonderful history and traditions of the area.
- We'd like the course to be great fun, so use your imagination! What golfing challenges would you enjoy?
- When it is made, each hole will be a maximum of 3m x 2m in size, so think big!
- You can design as many of the holes as you like.
- Designs can be hand drawn and posted to us, or scanned and emailed. No models please. Please make sure that you put your name and school on each of your designs.
- The deadline for competition entries is 5pm on Friday 16 January 2015.
The winning designs will be made into a new course and played on by thousands of people. Not only that, but there will be a prize for every child whose design is chosen, and their class will be entered into a prize draw for a free class day out at Brockhole!
Ideas and inspiration
Check out our Facebook photo album of our current mini golf course.
You can find out more about the Lake District in the Learning section of the Lake District National Park website.
How to enter
Fill out the competition entry form (Word) and send this and your design(s) to us either by email at email@example.com or by post to:
Mini golf competition
Brockhole - The Lake District Visitor Centre
Please make sure you put your name and school on each design!
Have fun! We are really looking forward to seeing your amazing ideas,
Happy New Year from the Brockhole team x