Enjoy a Lake District Kayaking adventure on Windermere
**New dates for October Half Term**
We are delighted to introduce an exciting new adventure experience at Brockhole! In partnership with Cumbrian Kayaking, we are offering you the chance to explore the Lake in the best way possible - from on the water.
- £42 for a half-day session - including packed lunch and all equipment provided
- October Half Term Monday 22 - Friday 26 October
- Morning Tour: 9.30am (please arrive 15 minutes before the session)
- Afternoon Tour: 2.00pm (please arrive 15 minutes before the session)
The Lakes are absolutely beautiful at this time of year, in particular the northern shore of Windermere. The views of Wansfell, Loughrigg, Claife heights and Scandale horseshoe are always amazing, but you have not seen them in their full glory until you have seen them from the water in a kayak. No crowds of tourists, no sound of motors, just you, your paddle and that view! If any experience at Brockhole can lift the spirits and get the heart pumping at the same time – this is the one!
Our tours last a full half day (about 2.5hrs of paddling) and you will get to paddle to Ambleside, the Roman Fort and Brathay, stopping off for a packed (early or late) lunch along the way.
You’ll be paddling with Mike Tracey, the owner of Cumbrian Kayaking and a very experienced and qualified paddler in Lake, Estuary and Sea. As an ex British Antarctic Survey Guide, with over 40 years’ experience and great knowledge of the mountains and lakes, Mike can give you an insight into paddling and the Lakes like few others can.
This is one of those life enhancing experiences that will not disappoint. Places are limited (6 per session) so please book early.
You will be provided with a 15ft touring-sea kayak, buoyancy aid, paddle, spray deck, safety helmet and cagoule. You can bring your own wetsuit or hire one from Brockhole (just £5) or wear casual sports clothing you don’t mind getting wet – trainers or deck pumps recommended - please bring a change of warm clothing for afterwards.
- Suitable for 12yrs and upwards
- No previous experience required but a reasonable level of fitness and mobility required – if you want to try your hand at kayaking first, you can hire one for an hour from Brockhole’s Lakeshore Activity centre.
- Pre-booking is required
- Book online or phone 015394 46601
- No cancellation possible within 48hours of the activity starting
- We will only cancel in the event of extreme weather conditions (please note - raining is not an extreme weather condition)