Top 5 activities at Brockhole on Windermere this May Bank Holiday
If we really needed an excuse to tempt you to spend the day enjoying stunning Lake District views right on the shores of Windermere, with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy, we have one – it’s Bank Holiday!
That means a whole 3 days of fun might just have to to be planned in, whether you are taking a long weekend break to the Lake District or fancy a day trip locally, look no further – we have got everything you need to make it one to remember.
So, to make it easy for you we thought we would pick out our top 5 activities to discover here at Brockhole on Windermere this early May Bank Holiday:
- Take aim with our archery sessions - come and have a go at the ancient sport of archery with our instructor Dan from 30 April – 2 May. Located on the stunning shoreline of Windermere sessions are at 10.30am, 12 noon, 1.15pm, 2.30pm and 3.45pm. Age 7 and over.
- Join in on our guided cycle ride - cross Windermere on the unique Bike Boat on Sunday 1 May and explore the new Hawkshead Trail, taking in Beatrix Potter landmarks. There will be time for a stop in Hawkshead itself, before returning on quiet minor roads. Call the Lakeshore team to book your place on 07919 881 622
- Make a splash on the lake – it wouldn’t be a trip to the Lake District without actually feeling the wind in your hair whilst taking to the lake yourself. We have rowing boats, sit on top kayaks and paddleboards available, book online today to guarantee your slot and save 10%
- Stop for lunch in our lake view terrace café – if the sun is shining we will be serving outside on the terrace but if not, don’t worry we have plenty of seats inside for you to relax and enjoy lunch, an afternoon tea or snack.
- Have a ‘Parker selfie’ – if you haven’t seen the Go Herdwick Trail yet, now is the time to get involved. Come and meet our very own ewe, ‘Parker’ and see the unique mirrored effect work of art by local artist Mandy Allan. Don’t forget to tick off your trail map and send us your photo using the hashtag #parkerselfie
Hopefully you’ve now got some good ideas for your May Bank Holiday adventure and we’d certainly love to see you here at Brockhole. In the meantime you can find out more about planning your visit and the full selection of attractions and activities we have on offer. We welcome dogs here at Brockhole and as long as they are on a lead they can even come in the café too!