Top 20 family activities in the Lake District this Easter
There are lots of things to do for all the family this Easter in the Lake District. We've picked our 20 top tips for keeping the family occupied around the Windermere area during the school holidays. Hope you have a fantastic break and hope to see you here!
- Join in the fun at our Easter extravaganzas on Good Friday and Easter Sunday - with tons of fun activities from mask making, Easter egg decoration and face painting to Easter egg trails
- Have a go at archery on 1 April
- Free performances by Astral Circus on 6 April
- Bushcraft and survival skills on 8 April
- Find out how birds survive in the wild on our Woodland Wildlife Safari on 10 April
- Try out our terrific Treetop Nets - and bounce on our treetop trampolines to your heart's content
- Swing, climb, balance and fly your way through 250 year old oak trees on Treetop Trek
- Hire a boat down at the Brockhole lakeshore - take your pick from rowing boats, canoes, kayaks and paddle boards
- Be one of the first to test our brand new Lake District inspired mini golf course
- Hop on a bike - adult and children's bikes available to hire at Brockhole lakeshore
- Explore Brockhole on one of our nature trails
- Have a picnic in our beautiful grounds - bring your own or grab lunch to go from our shop or café
- Learn more about Windermere Jetty in our exhibition area
- The kids can let off steam in our free adventure playground - or bring your rounders or cricket set and play on the grass
- Fancy a bit of peace and quiet? Pop down to our bird hide for bird watching with our volunteers
- Enjoy a pony ride around the Brockhole grounds
- Buy a fishing net from the Brockhole shop and catch tiddlers on the lakeshore
- Go on a boat trip with Windermere Lake Cruises
- Conquer your first fell as a family on a free guided walk on 6 April - meet at Bowness Information Centre at 10.30am
- Round off your day with an ice cream on the Brockhole café terrace (or glass of wine for mum!) and take in the breathtaking views of Windermere and the Langdales - bliss!
All things Brockhole
Keep up to date on all the latest news, offers, photos and more!
- Brockhole blog
- Events calendar
- Follow us on twitter
- Like us on facebook
- Brockhole on Instagram
- Brockhole on Pinterest
- Don't forget to sign up for our email newsletter at the bottom of this page!
For help planning your visit, please call us on 015394 46601 or fill out our quick contact form.
Looking forwards to seeing you in the Lakes this Easter!