Let’s get eggcited – 10 cracking ideas to keep you entertained this Easter holiday
The Lake District is quite simply a beautiful place to visit any time of the year, but Easter has to be one of our favourites. With spring flowers starting to show their brightly coloured faces, the sun glistening on Windermere (if we are lucky!) and the temperatures nice enough to enjoy lots of outdoor activities, it’s no wonder a visit to the National Park tops the list.
Whether you are enjoying an Easter weekend away, a holiday in the Lake District or like us, are lucky enough to live here, we look forward to you joining us at Brockhole on Windermere this spring for some very eggciting events, activities and much more…
Take a look at our top 10 activities to put a spring in your step:
- Easter Eggsplorers is back this year by popular demand, join us anytime between 11am-3pm on 25 and 27 March for a whole selection of Easter themed fun and games. Take part in the ultimate eggsplorer trail around the gardens, have your face painted and then get crafty with some Easter creations!
- Pop into the bird hide on 27 March from 11am-4pm and meet our volunteers who will help you spot our little feathered friends as they enjoy the start of spring.
- Take aim with our new archery sessions, launching this Easter for ages 7+. Book your session online to guarantee your place for 27-30 March and 3-6 April.
- Meet the owls, Titch, Sky, Darcy, Elmo and friends are back over Easter and will be here for you to hold and learn more about from 25-30 March and 2-10 and 13 April!
- Enjoy an Easter treat cooked up by chef – we’ll have our special menu full of lunch options, afternoon tea, homemade cakes and much more. If it’s warm enough, you can even sit out on the lake view terrace.
- Take a little bit of the garden home with you, our Head Gardener Iain has selected a few special plants for his seasonal plant sale, check them out at the front of the shop.
- Swing through the trees – as ever, Treetop Trek will be offering exciting adventures all holiday on the trek and nets, make sure you book your places early though to avoid disappointment.
- Shop till you drop, we have a whole range of cute little Easter toys, gifts and presents as well as all our usual handpicked product ranges for you to discover. You might not be able to resist a little Herdy to take home!
- Make a splash by the lake shore – we’ll have our boats, paddleboards and bikes available to hire all holiday, why not book online and reserve yours at a time to suit?
- Enjoy a gentle pony ride around our beautiful grounds with Bigland Hall Equestrian, rides will be available throughout the Easter holidays from 11.00am.
We hope that has given you a little taster of what’s on offer but don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up to date with the very latest happenings here at Brockhole over Easter.
If you haven’t visited us before, don’t worry, we also have plenty of information about how to plan your trip and how to find us. So what are you waiting for, we look forward to seeing you soon, let’s get eggcited!