5 reasons to explore Brockhole this Feb Half Term
This school holiday we thought we would invite some furry, feathered and even spiky friends along to Brockhole to join in the fun - we have a number of animal and wildlife themed activities to keep you entertained!
- Join Gizmo and Spike the sugar gliders, Felix the polecat, Charlie the chinchilla and Tiggywinkle the hedgehog and discover all about their habitat in our interactive Animal Encounters sessions on Wed 17 February from 11am, 12noon, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
- Did you know we have our very own bird hide at Brockhole? Our volunteers will be bird spotting on Wed 17 February from 11am-3pm, pop in and discover more about the different birds and animals you can see in the woodland.
- Swing through the trees on Treetop Trek and Treetop Nets this holiday, there’s always lots of monkeying around to be done, including the amazing 250 metre triple zip from the 14 metre high Treetop tower to the shoreline! Pre book sessions online to reserve your place.
- Meet the ponies and enjoy a ride around our beautiful gardens, we’ll be having rides every day from 11.00am during February Half Term (Sat 13 - Sun 21 February 2016)
- Join Darcy, Rolo, Voo Voo, Oscar and more from the Owl Sanctuary on Monday 15 and Thursday 18 February from 11.00am each day.
Even more fun
It’s not all about our furry friends this holiday; we also have plenty of other activities on offer including Lakeland Storytelling on Fri 19 February and all our usual favourites; mini golf, woodland trails, adventure play and much more.
Don’t forget to pop into our cosy café for lunch, we have a great selection of tasty options on offer including our pick and mix picnics, hot paninis, homemade pies and much more. If you fancy a real treat, our Brockhole afternoon tea might be just the answer.
So, all you need to do now is book your activities in advance and make sure your little explorers wrap up warm – we’ll see you soon!